Teller / Retail
VP, Branch Management
February 11, 2015
As a member of the front-line, candidate is expected to consistently deliver superior quality customer service and positively represent the Bank. Processes a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments. Maintains appropriate level of cash on hand. Prepares daily paperwork according to branch procedures. Responsible for managing and balancing cash drawer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all customers and co-workers.
- Project a positive image of the bank through a neat appearance and professional manner.
- Operate a teller drawer to serve customers and/or bank personnel by:
- Accepting commercial and consumer deposits, verify cash and endorsements, and process transactions using a computer.
- Identifying customers vs. non-customers and follow the check cashing policies.
- Providing additional customer services including cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s cheques, savings bonds, license stickers, stamps, etc.
- Balancing cash drawer daily and follow teller difference policy.
- ATM balancing.
- Comply with all department, bank, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Recognize potential cross-sell opportunities and direct customers to appropriate bank personnel.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and bank objectives and goals.
- May be responsible for bank opening/closing.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Teller experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service/retail experience required
- Solid cash handling experience required
- Experience working on FIS is helpful
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to handle a large volume of complicated transactions including cross charter and/or heavy cash transactions
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to be flexible and accommodating in opening/closing scheduling
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 20 lbs
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
“The management of the Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity. We strive to select the best qualified person for every position based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and ability to perform the work, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, veteran status or protected activity (for example, having made a complaint of discrimination) or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Managers and supervisors must ensure that this policy is carried out in all aspects of our operations.”
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.