Teller / Retail
SVP, Branch Management
August 26, 2014
Provides friendly, accurate, and efficient customer service. Processes a variety of routine financial transactions including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payments. Maintains appropriate level of cash on hand. Prepares daily paperwork according to branch procedures. Responsible for managing and balancing cash drawer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all customers and co-workers.
- Project a positive image of the bank through a neat appearance and professional manner.
- Operate a teller drawer to serve customers and/or bank personnel by:
- Accept commercial and consumer deposits, verify cash and endorsements, and process transactions in the computer.
- Identify customers vs. non-customers and follow the check cashing policies.
- Provide additional customer services including cashier’s checks, money orders, traveler’s cheques, savings bonds, license stickers, stamps, etc.
- Balance cash drawer daily and follow teller difference policy.
- ATM balancing.
- Answer telephone is a courteous and professional manner.
- Comply with all department, bank, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating workflow.
- Recognize potential cross-sell opportunities and direct customers to appropriate bank personnel.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of department and bank objectives and goals.
- May be responsible for bank opening/closing.
- Travel between branches is required; some travel between banks may be necessary.
- May assist with training new employees and answering co-workers questions.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- High school diploma required
- 2 to 3 years of Teller experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service/retail experience required
- Solid cash handling experience required
- Experience working on FIS is helpful
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications preferred
- Ability to handle a large volume of complicated transactions including cross charter and/or heavy cash transactions
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Team player
- Willingness to be flexible and accommodating
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 20 lbs
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
“The management of the Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity. We strive to select the best qualified person for every position based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and ability to perform the work, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, veteran status or protected activity (for example, having made a complaint of discrimination) or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Managers and supervisors must ensure that this policy is carried out in all aspects of our operations.”
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.