Commercial Real Estate
Northview Bank & Trust
The Underwriter performs credit analysis for collateral underwriting of commercial real estate loans. Will be responsible for the on-going monitoring and risk management of an assigned portfolio of credits and will be required to develop a broad and deep understanding of the business, financial and competitive risks faced by customers in the assigned portfolio. This position requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and the ability to analyze financial statements and real estate functionality, and the capacity to compose thorough written presentations.
- Identify key risk factors related to specific transactions as well as assigned portfolio.
- Compare financial condition of applicant to similar businesses in the industry (relative to Risk Management Associates industry averages as outlined by North American Industry Classification System)
- Attend client/bank meetings to develop a better understanding of the company and assess management.
- Develop a well-informed and balanced view of the business, financial and competitive risks faced by a company, sector and industry.
Credit Approval Process:
- Spread balance sheets and income statements in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Analyze credit and financial information of individuals and businesses to determine the degree of risk associated withthe extension of credit.
- Generate financial ratios for purpose of evaluating applicant's financial condition.
- Prepare collateral analysis of current and proposed credit requests.
- Prepare credit-approval write-ups, present and recommend credits or approval at committee meeting.
- Review and maintain credit files (assessing and updating information as needed).
- Develop a working knowledge of Loan Policy for credit requests.
- Analyze, prepare and present for approval all required waivers, amendments and extensions.
- Ensure risk ratings are accurate and reflect our current forwarding-looking view of customer.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; completion of a corporate bank credit training program a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years in commercial real estate banking/lending experience which might include credit, structuring and marketing.
- Possesses significant accounting and finance knowledge and commercial real estate banking experience.
- Strong written and oral skills are required to effectively communicate, as appropriate, for the needs of the audience.
- Candidate should have effective analytical skills necessary to identify strengths and weaknesses to draw conclusions.
- Sharp listening skills essential to interpret points being made and ability to ask poignant questions.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
Assistant Vice President or Vice President
Department/Division: Commercial Lending - Community Bank Team
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Officer Status: Officer
The Commercial Lender is responsible for developing new business for the organization as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships. The target market will be companies with annual sales revenue of $1 to $10 million. The candidate for this position will have extensive commercial business banking experience, proven new business development skills along with the ability to build trusted relationships with existing and new clients. The successful candidate will be expected to represent the Bank in the local business community by participating in local business networking events, organizations, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Originate/generate new loans and deposits for the community banking team.
- Build and manage community banking business clients and prospects.
- Actively conduct specific strategic calling efforts for new business development through referrals from centers of influence (such as accountants, attorneys and referrals from existing customer relationships), existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business and participating in various networking events to maximize the most promising revenue generating sales opportunities.
- Work with Credit Analyst team in preparation of written loan presentations.
- Maintain active industry involvement, including participation in associations as a means to build and maintain the bank brand.
- Responsible for meeting established annual sales goals.
- Meet expectations set for compliance testing related to government banking regulations.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales and credit skills required.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Commitment to on-the-job training, self-study courses and seminars to become familiar with applicable regulations and bank policies, procedures governing commercial lending.
- Must possess strong time management skills and the ability to communication with all levels of management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Other lending software as required.
- Standard office environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
“The management of the Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity. We strive to select the best qualified person for every position based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and ability to perform the work, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, veteran status or protected activity (for example, having made a complaint of discrimination) or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Managers and supervisors must ensure that this policy is carried out in all aspects of our operations.”
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.