Date Posted: September 15, 2014
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Department: Commercial Lending
Location: Northbrook Bank & Trust Company
1100 Waukegan Road, Northbrook, IL
Apply Online: www.northbrookbank.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Status: Full-Time
Assists the commercial banking team by providing comprehensive credit analysis. Credit Analyst must independently prepare loan presentations and loan reviews; analyze financial statements; prepare thorough financial and cash flow analysis; prepare and evaluate financial projections; and regularly monitor loan documentation, underwriting quality and customer financial performance.
The Credit Analyst’s role is to assist fellow bankers in cultivating new business relationships and deepening existing relationships. Individuals in this position must be detailed-oriented and able to effectively communicate and collaborate with team members and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, document, and monitor collateral for loans secured by business assets and/or marketable securities.
- Assist the commercial banking team or related department with the underwriting and documentation of loan requests.
- Assist co-workers and senior bankers in cultivating new business relationships.
- Cross-sell bank products and services.
- Perform economic and industry analysis, financial projections and risk assessments.
- Spread and interpret financial statements and conduct collateral analysis to minimize risk and maximize credit quality.
- Prepare and deliver loan presentations.
- Review and maintain credit files to monitor and update information as needed.
- Provide high-quality customer service and service clients in a courteous and professional manner consistent with our company philosophy.
- Follow established bank policies and procedures.
- Cooperatively assist and support other bank activities.
- Promote a strong team environment.
*Other duties as assigned.
- Use of various office equipment.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time.
- Travel between banks will be necessary for loan committee meetings.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
“The management of the Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity. We strive to select the best qualified person for every position based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and ability to perform the work, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, veteran status or protected activity (for example, having made a complaint of discrimination) or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Managers and supervisors must ensure that this policy is carried out in all aspects of our operations.”