It is never too early to start helping your child develop a healthy respect for money and to help them develop some good financial habits. Encouraging children at an early age to start saving money can lead to some very good habits and attitudes about money that will help them through their lifetime. As your child grows so should their financial accounts. We’ve developed a suite of products from childhood to adulthood to help your child grow in their financial knowledge.
Junior Savers Club Account™
Our Junior Savers Club Account™ teaches children and young adults 18 and under the rewards of saving while making banking FUN!
In addition to learning one of life's most valuable lessons, Junior Savers will receive:
- A Personalized passbook with identification as a Junior Savers Club member
- Extra savings to be sure your account grows
- Junior Savers Passbook Accounts receive a higher rate of interest than adults
- All regular account service charges are waived for Junior Savers
- A special JSC Bank to inspire daily at-home saving
- Our exclusive "Treats Dollar" gift certificate each time the account balance exceeds its previous high balance by $100. Certificates may be redeemed at local participating merchants.
- And lots of other great goodies and fun activities for Junior Savers. You'll be sent frequent invites to fun Junior Savers Club events and contests.
Teaching kids how to save. It's all part of our commitment to bring traditional community banking back to the community.
Learn more about our Junior Savers special events.
As your children grow and become responsible young adults, their financial needs grow too. Help them learn more about financial responsibility by selecting some of the products below.
College Checking Account
We designed an account to help young adults handle their finances and provide peace of mind to parents. It offers everything your high school or college student needs for financial security, including a Checking Account, a Cash Card.
Features and Benefits
- FREE Checking Account with no minimum balance and no monthly fee¹
- FREE access to SUM and MoneyPass ATMs in the Chicagoland area
- NO ANNUAL FEE ATM or Mastercard debit card²
- FREE imaged checks with CheckManager Plus®
- FREE On-line Banking and Telebank
- FREE Bill Pay
- FREE Quicken and Microsoft Money download capabilities
1Other qualifications and service charges may apply. Parents must maintain accounts with the bank.
2Subject to age and other qualifications. Call bank for details