Loan Operations Assistant Manager
Senior Vice President of Operations
Responsible for assisting in the loan operations management and oversight of the commercial mortgage, consumer and commercial loans support staff including preparation, processing, servicing, accounting and reporting functions and customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison person for loan operation's daily activities, procedure changes, projects and any administrative assistance.
- Supervise all aspects of servicing for all loans including posting of payment, escrow account activity, tracking of insurance, verification of all loan system programming and collection of CRA and HMDA information for reporting.
- Processing and monitoring loans on a non-accrual, charge off and OREO status. Prepare related reports for senior management.
- Prepare packages for internal and external audits and reviews. Assist in the preparation of responses for examiners, auditors or internal audits and update procedures when necessary.
- Train personnel in bank policies and procedures.
- Streamline processes and procedures, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Prepare initial item exception report for follow up with the loan account officers.
- Receive and research new regulations, policies and procedures and implement as needed.
- Resolution of customer service issues in a timely and accurate manner.
*Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities Required:
- Must have a working knowledge of the Bank’s loan operations procedures as well as knowledge of regulations governing lending.
- An in-depth knowledge of current loan products, collateral perfection and compliance guidelines is desired.
- Knowledge of loan documentation requirements is necessary.
- Must have proficient keyboard, accounting, balancing and personal computer skills.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of the staff and customers is important.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time in the midst of interruption.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to lead and coach employees is necessary.
Training/ Education/ Experience Qualifications: (Include licenses and certifications)
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the loan processing department of a financial institution is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Accounting and bookkeeping expertise are necessary for the accurate compilation of data to assure departmental efficiency.
- Loan documentation, origination and collections experience would be beneficial.
- Supervisory experience is essential.
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of a college degree, to include some accounting course work, or equivalent qualifications, such as a combination of education and work experience.
Supervise overall direction, coordination and evaluation of department. Interview, hire and train new staff member in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
Vision, hearing, and speech are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
“The management of the Corporation believes in equal employment opportunity. We strive to select the best qualified person for every position based on merit, qualifications, previous experience and ability to perform the work, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, veteran status or protected activity (for example, having made a complaint of discrimination) or other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Managers and supervisors must ensure that this policy is carried out in all aspects of our operations.”
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.